RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) today released its 2017 Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) report, titled The Power of Purpose , which highlights the company’s significant and ongoing contributions to improving the wellbeing of its employees, its customers and the communities it serves.
The CSR report, which covers Jan. 1 through Dec. 31, 2017, features the company’s employees and broadly describes its strategy, actions and achievements in the areas of philanthropy, environmental sustainability and responsible business practices.
“I am proud of the many advancements and contributions we made in 2017, including the highlights selected for this report,” said Dennis R. Glass, President & CEO, Lincoln Financial Group. “We view each day as an opportunity to bring Abraham Lincoln’s ideals of strength, courage, integrity, respect and optimism to life – both inside and outside our organization.”
Highlights of Lincoln Financial’s CSR report include:
Building stronger communities:
- Donating $1 million for the fifth consecutive year to United Way agencies through employee contributions.
- Distributing nearly $10 million in corporate charitable contributions to nonprofits supporting education, arts and culture, human services, and economic and workforce development.
Empowering and engaging employees:
- Providing nearly 100,000 hours of in-house compliance, cybersecurity, leadership, skill-based and management training to employees in 2017.
- Receiving perfect scores and Best Places to Work awards in both the 2017 Human Rights Campaign Corporate Equality Index and the 2017 Disability Equality Index.
- President and CEO Dennis Glass, signed the CEO Action for Diversity & Inclusion™ pledge to reaffirm Lincoln Financial’s ongoing commitment to a work environment where every employee feels welcome and appreciated for who they are and what they bring to the organization.
Caring for the environment:
- Reduced electricity usage across our Greensboro, North Carolina, campus by 9.04 percent since 2014.
- Achieving U.S. EPA ENERGY STAR certification for six of our buildings.
Adhering to responsible business practices:
- Named to the FTSE4Good and Dow Jones Sustainability Indices.
- Receiving the Insurance Risk Management Team of the Year award from EQDerivatives, Inc., reinforcing the strength of their risk management program and the quality of their investment guarantees.
“Our corporate social responsibility growth is driven by the collective effort and the purposeful actions of our employees across the country,” said Nancy Rogers, president of the Lincoln Financial Foundation, the philanthropic arm of Lincoln Financial Group. “Good corporate citizenship is a principle upon which our company was built, and I am impressed and delighted by our employees’ commitment to extend that mission beyond our business each and every day.”
Lincoln Financial’s Corporate Social Responsibility report can be viewed and downloaded at: http://lincolnfinancial.com/corporatesocialresponsibilityreport
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $256 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2018. Lincoln Financial Group is a committed corporate citizen and was named one of the Forbes Best Employers for 2018, is a member of the Dow Jones Sustainability Index North America, and received a perfect score of 100 percent on the 2018 Corporate Equality Index. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com. Follow us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. Sign up for email alerts at http://newsroom.lfg.com.