RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE: LNC) announced today that its 2013 advertising and social media campaigns have received multiple accolades in recent competitions sponsored by the Business Marketing Association-New York (BMA-NY) and the Financial Communications Society (FCS). Lincoln Financial earned six of the BMA-NY’s ACE awards, which honor the most effective and creative campaigns by business-to-business companies, and six of the FCS’s Portfolio Awards, which celebrate excellence in financial services communications.
“We’re extremely pleased that our efforts have earned this level of recognition from our peers,” said Jamie DePeau, senior vice president and chief marketing officer. “Through our Chief Life Officer campaign, we strive to educate, encourage and empower individuals to better prepare for their futures. Our ads are the reflection of a positive strategy designed to bring these principles to life.”
The BMA-NY received 400 submissions this year for its ACE Awards, which are presented in 45 categories, including print, radio, TV, social and mobile. The six awards Lincoln Financial received include:
- Print Campaign: 1st place, “Chief Life Officer” campaign
- TV Spot: 3rd place, “Give Thanks” TV spot
- Radio Spot: 1st place, “Every Day Champions,” 2nd place, “Eagles Tailgate,” 3rd place, “Eagles Defense”
- Overall Radio: 2nd place, “Every Day Champions”
Forty-eight brands received FCS Portfolio Awards, which are judged by a panel of branding experts, communications practitioners and financial services marketing executives. Lincoln Financial’s three gold, two silver and one bronze award covered:
- Corporate Image Display/Rich Media Campaign: Gold, “Give Thanks” digital campaign
- Corporate Image Out of Home Single: Silver, airport ads
- Corporate Image Print Single: Gold, “Lincoln’s Legacy,” Silver, “Give Thanks”
- Corporate Image Print Campaign: Gold, “Chief Life Officer” consumer print campaign
- Corporate Image Social Media Custom Community: Bronze, “Lincoln Financial Charitable Vote” Facebook campaign
“This recognition is truly a special honor because the Financial Communications Society awards are judged by industry competitors,” said Dave Wozniak, head of advertising and sponsorships at Lincoln Financial. “What’s also meaningful about these awards is that both the FCS and BMA evaluate our work on strategy, execution and results. While we’re pleased with the high level of creativity used to design our ads, we’re glad that they have also been assessed in regard to the larger goal at hand – to influence Americans to take charge of their financial futures.”
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. With headquarters in the Philadelphia region, the companies of Lincoln Financial Group had assets under management of $209 billion as of March 31, 2014. Through its affiliated companies, Lincoln Financial Group offers: annuities; life, group life, disability and dental insurance; employer-sponsored retirement plans; savings plans; and comprehensive financial planning and advisory services. For more information, including a copy of our most recent SEC reports containing our balance sheets, please visit www.LincolnFinancial.com.