RADNOR, Pa.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Lincoln Financial Group (NYSE:LNC) today announced that it has expanded its suite of Survivorship life insurance solutions with Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ Survivorship Indexed Universal Life (SIUL), Lincoln’s first SIUL offering. Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL enables advisors to implement wealth preservation and estate planning strategies for clients, while offering cash accumulation and income potential in a tax-efficient manner.
“Survivorship life insurance is a powerful tool to help clients achieve legacy and estate planning goals, and Lincoln’s latest solution makes our survivorship portfolio one of the most comprehensive in the industry, providing a broad selection of needs-based options,” said Mike Burns, Senior Vice President, Life Solutions, Lincoln Financial Group. “Complementing our Universal Life and Variable Universal Life survivorship offerings, Lincoln WealthPreserve SIUL provides clients with a balance of cost-efficient death benefit protection, cash accumulation potential and tax efficiencies, helping them protect and potentially grow assets.”
Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL is designed with a competitive cost structure for insuring two individuals in a single policy. It provides an income tax-free death benefit at the end of the last surviving insured’s life, and is designed to enable policyholders to transfer a greater inheritance to beneficiaries, or provide proceeds to pay estate taxes, continue a business, or meet other financial needs. If properly structured in an irrevocable trust, the life insurance proceeds from Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL may also be free from estate taxes.
“Lincoln is continuing to expand its suite of offerings so advisors have choices that allow them to focus on the right solutions for helping their clients meet very specific needs,” said Andrew Bucklee, CLU, ChFC, CFP, Lincoln’s Head of Insurance Solutions Distribution. “The addition of our new SIUL solution further strengthens Lincoln’s broad portfolio and provides balance between death benefit protection and cash value accumulation. The potential for future tax increases can present estate planning and wealth preservation challenges, underscoring the importance of having a solid strategy in place to help reduce the impact on assets.”
Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL offers flexibility through tax-deferred cash growth potential, which can be accessed tax-efficiently as a source of supplemental income for retirement, or other milestones1. Based on their objectives, clients can select from one or more of the following account options, all of which include a guaranteed one percent minimum interest rate to protect against negative gross returns2 and provide a level of predictability:
• Three 1-year point-to-point indexed accounts covering a wide-range of returns, all eligible for interest crediting based on the performance of the S&P 500 Index3.
• A fixed account offering predictable growth
• An optional dollar cost averaging account that automatically allocates premiums over time to help reduce the impact of S&P 500 Index fluctuations4.
Policyholders have two loan options for borrowing up to 100 percent of the cash surrender value at any time during the life of the policy, both with guaranteed interest charged rates. With the Participating Loan, the borrowed and unborrowed policy value continues earning indexed interest crediting for greater growth potential; the Fixed Loan option provides more certainty with a guaranteed credited rate.
Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL includes a policy split option should clients’ circumstances change. For an additional charge, clients can also add an Estate Protection Rider for additional protection while a trust is being established. Also available are Accelerated Benefits Riders that can help financially protect the surviving insured from costs associated with critical illness or nursing home confinement5.
Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ builds on Lincoln’s continued growth in the IUL market. In the first half of 2014, Lincoln increased IUL sales by 65% compared to the similar period in 2013. In addition, Lincoln has penetrated the top 10 in industry IUL sales according to the latest available industry data6.
Lincoln WealthPreserve℠ SIUL is immediately available to Lincoln’s national network of distribution partners (in states where approved). For more information on the product, visit www.lincolnfinancial.com.
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $216 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2014. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com.
Lincoln WealthPreserveSM Survivorship IUL is issued on policy form SUL6035, and state variations by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company, Fort Wayne, IN, and distributed by Lincoln Financial Distributors, Inc., a broker-dealer. The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company does not solicit business in the state of New York, nor is it authorized to do so.
All guarantees and benefits of the insurance policy are subject to the claims-paying ability of the issuing insurance company. They are not backed by the broker-dealer and/or insurance agency selling the policy, or any affiliates of those entities other than the issuing company affiliates, and none makes any representations or guarantees regarding the claims-paying ability of the issuer.
Products, riders and features are subject to state availability. Limitations and exclusions may apply.
- Cash values are accessed through loans and withdrawals which reduce a policy’s cash surrender value and death benefit, may cause the policy to lapse, and may have tax implications.
- While indexed accounts are protected by a 1% guaranteed minimum interest rate, policy charges remain in effect and could reduce the policy value.
- The S&P 500 Index is a product of S&P Dow Jones Indices LLC (SPDJI), and has been licensed for use by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company. Standard & Poor’s®, S&P® and S&P 500® are registered trademarks of Standard & Poor’s Financial Services LLC (S&P); Dow Jones® is a registered trademark of Dow Jones Trademark Holdings LLC (Dow Jones); and these trademarks have been licensed for use by SPDJI and sublicensed for certain purposes by The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company. The Lincoln National Life Insurance Company’s Product is not sponsored, endorsed, sold or promoted by SPDJI, Dow Jones, S&P, their respective affiliates, and none of such parties make any representation regarding the advisability of investing in such product nor do they have any liability for any errors, omissions, or interruptions of the S&P 500 Index.
- Dollar cost averaging and diversification cannot guarantee a profit above the 1% guarantee of the product.
- There is no charge for this rider until exercised. Accelerated death benefits may be taxable and may affect public assistance eligibility. Only one accelerated benefits rider is allowed per policy.
- LIMRA 1Q 2014 U.S. Individual Life Insurance Sales Report.