Lincoln Financial Foundation is helping to provide job training, adult education, financial literacy programs and economic development through $181,880 in grants to nine Greensboro nonprofits. These grants are a portion of $1.8 million in charitable funds the Foundation has allocated for Greensboro in 2014.
Triad Workforce Solutions Collaborative (TWSC) received $25,000 for workforce development programs serving Guilford County residents from middle school through adult working years. As one of 35 National Fund for Workforce Development sites across the country, TWSC’s goal is to accelerate the pace of workforce development collaboration; enhancing communications between workforce development training and education providers; and supporting their collective work to meet the needs of local employers by creating a pipeline of skilled workers to fill current and future job openings. The collaborative will research workforce development best practices; coordinate regional workforce development; assess needs and set joint priorities; leverage local and national resources to fund workforce development training and education programs; and establish a comprehensive, participant-level evaluation program.
Other economic and workforce development grants awarded include:
- $25,000 to Family Service of the Piedmont for Consumer Credit Counseling and Foreclosure Prevention Services, which provide families in Guilford County with the tools they need to be financially self-sustaining and prevent losing their homes to foreclosure.
- $25,000 to Piedmont Triad Partnership to mobilize and train seasoned entrepreneurs, investors and business leaders, and deploy them as mentors, teachers and coaches to promising entrepreneurs.
- $23,880 to Sanctuary House to provide individual job placement and support for job seekers living with mental illness and to support the expansion of the Sweet Success Bakery.
- $20,000 to ARC of Greensboro, Inc., to provide supportive employment services for adults living with disabilities, including employment readiness activities, job placement guidance and on-the-job coaching and support.
- $20,000 to Greensboro Chamber Foundation for Internships.com, an online matching and referral program for individuals seeking internships and organizations seeking interns.
- $18,000 to Interactive Resource Center to provide job search services, skill development programs, job placement and coaching for homeless individuals in Guilford County.
- $15,000 to Reach Out First for job readiness and career bridges training, which will provide supportive services for unemployed and underemployed individuals in Guilford County.
- $10,000 to Nussbaum Center for Entrepreneurship for the Entrepreneur Assistance Support and Education program, which provides entrepreneurs with professional consulting and business support, including access to marketing, accounting, legal, capital, human resources, financial and graphic design services.
Multi-year economic and workforce development payments include:
- $137,000 to the Greensboro Partnership for the Economic Development Campaign. This is in payment toward the Foundation’s five-year commitment awarded in 2013.
About Lincoln Financial Foundation
The Lincoln Financial Foundation, established in 1962, is a nonprofit organization formed and supported by Lincoln Financial Group. Under the Foundation guidelines, grants are made in the areas of arts, education, human services and economic/workforce development. The Foundation allocated more than $1.8 million to support nonprofits in Greensboro in 2013. Since 2006, the Foundation has contributed nearly $15 million to Greensboro nonprofits.
About Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower Americans to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $215 billion in assets under management as of September 30, 2014. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com. Find us on Facebook, Twitter (@lincolnfingroup), LinkedIn and YouTube.
Contact: Sol Kovach
Lincoln Financial Group
Lincoln Financial Foundation