Nine local nonprofits are providing early childhood education, tutoring, mentorship, and college and career readiness training with the help of $129,000 in education grants recently awarded by Lincoln Financial Foundation. These grants are a portion of nearly $500,000 in charitable funds the Foundation allocated for New Hampshire in 2017.
Local organizations awarded education grants include:
- Aviation Museum of New Hampshire for the Aviation Education program, a for-credit inquiry-based high school class that explores the physics of flight, navigation, weather, air traffic control, airport design, communication as well as career opportunities that support these disciplines.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of Central New Hampshire to support the 21st Century Learning Center for New American and low-income kindergarten through fifth graders at Concord’s Broken Ground/Mill Brook campus.
- Campus Compact for New Hampshire to provide peer-to-peer mentoring that helps low-income students stay in and graduate from college on 10 New Hampshire campuses.
- Children’s Museum of New Hampshire for the Curriculum Enhancement Initiative that provides in-school and museum-based science, technology, engineering, arts and math (STEAM) educational opportunities for low-income elementary schools in Greater Concord.
- Circle Program to support the Youth Development Through STEM Activities program and year-round mentorship for socially disadvantaged teenage girls from Concord and nearby communities.
- City Year New Hampshire for the Whole School Whole Child program in Manchester’s Gossler Park Elementary School.
- Concord Family YMCA for Child Development Center financial assistance for low-income families with pre-school children.
- Granite YMCA to support YMCA Start, a research-based after-school program for at-risk children in kindergarten through fifth grade.
- Mayhew Program for residential summer programming and school year mentoring for low-income boys.
About Lincoln Financial Foundation:
The Lincoln Financial Foundation, established in 1962, is a nonprofit organization formed and supported by Lincoln Financial Group. Under the Foundation guidelines, grants are made in the areas of arts, education, human well-being and economic/workforce development. The Foundation allocated almost $500,000 to support nonprofits in New Hampshire in 2016. Since 2006, the Foundation has contributed more than $4.8 million to New Hampshire nonprofits.
About Lincoln Financial Group:
Lincoln Financial Group provides advice and solutions that help empower people to take charge of their financial lives with confidence and optimism. Today, more than 17 million customers trust our retirement, insurance and wealth protection expertise to help address their lifestyle, savings and income goals, as well as to guard against long-term care expenses. Headquartered in Radnor, Pennsylvania, Lincoln Financial Group is the marketing name for Lincoln National Corporation (NYSE:LNC) and its affiliates. The company had $241 billion in assets under management as of June 30, 2017. Learn more at: www.LincolnFinancial.com. Find us on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and Instagram. To sign up for email alerts, please visit our Newsroom at http://newsroom.lfg.com.