Special Report: M.O.O.D. of America on Employee Benefits
The Special Report: Measuring Optimism, Outlook and Direction (M.O.O.D.) of America on Employee Benefits study, conducted by Lincoln in 2016, uncovers working Americans' views on a number of topics -- including financial wellness, benefits understanding and enrollment, employer communications and more.
The “Right Track” to Financial Wellness: Five Key Factors
About half of the working population in the U.S. – 55 percent of individuals surveyed – feel they are on the “right track” to achieving financial wellbeing, while the remaining 45 percent of feel they are not currently headed in the right direction.
This study looked into the lives of the “right-trackers,” and found five key factors – behaviors and influencers in these individuals’ lives – that contribute to their feelings of financial security and overall financial success. While some of these factors are clearly related to finances, others have nothing to do with money.
- Video: Perspectives on the data from Eric Reisenwitz, Head of Group Benefits Product and Operations at Lincoln Financial Group
- Sourced data
- News release
LGBT Employees and Benefits: Impact of Marriage Equality
A year after the Supreme Court’s historic marriage equality ruling (Obergefell v. Hodges, June 2015), Lincoln Financial surveyed employed LGBT individuals to measure the impact of the ruling on employee benefits. The study found that while about 30 percent of LGBT individuals ARE proactively making changes to their workplace benefits as a result of the ruling, 50 percent are still unaware of its specific effects on their benefits.
Previous Year Studies
The results of the 2015 study provide a closer look at non-medical workplace benefits, including dental insurance, disability insurance, life insurance, critical illness insurance and accident insurance, and the ability of these products to heighten an employee's sense of confidence in their financial future.
Special Report Highlights
The results from Lincoln are in. The Special Report: M.O.O.D. of America on Employee Benefits survey uncovers a correlation between enrollment in nonmedical benefits and employee confidence, optimism and future financial preparedness. The study validates the need for nonmedical workplace products — including disability, dental, life, vision, accident, and critical illness insurance — highlighting their ability to boost employees’ confidence in their financial futures.
News Releases and Media Advisories